Open Campus Hangouts
12th Grade College Readiness Curriculum
Your students are welcome to join us for a unique take on college access as part of their high school curriculum: A conversational college readiness series wherein seniors will have the opportunity to meet, hear from, and ask questions to current students attending college. Students will get a brief “how to” on each topic, as well as the actual perspective and experiences from their college-going peers.
This is a virtual, weekly, one-hour series intended to be built into high school curriculum. After each conversation, students will be provided with the slides and a link to a College Talk Tuesday webinar on the presented topic from a university professional for optional, additional viewing.
Topics and Dates:
Mondays from 8:00am-9:00am
- October 4: Introductory Session and General College Q&A
- October 11: Types of Colleges and Degrees
- October 18: How to Finance Higher Education
- October 25: Applications
- November 1: Housing, Jobs, and Time Management
- November 8: Stress and Virtual School Management (or topic of students’ choosing)
- November 15: Open Forum