Open Campus Hangouts
12th Grade College Readiness Curriculum
Your students are welcome to join us for a unique take on college access as part of their high school curriculum: A conversational college readiness series wherein seniors will have the opportunity to meet, hear from, and ask questions to current students attending college. Students will get a brief “how to” on each topic, as well as the actual perspective and experiences from their college-going peers.
This is a virtual, weekly, one-hour series intended to be built into high school curriculum. After each conversation, students will be provided with the slides and a link to a College Talk Tuesday webinar on the presented topic from a university professional for optional, additional viewing.
Topics and Dates:
Tuesdays from 8:00am-9:00am
- November 3: Introductory Session and General College Q&A
- November 10: Types of Colleges and Degrees
- November 17: How to Finance Higher Education
- December 1: Applications
- December 8: Housing, Jobs, and Time Management
- December 15: Stress and Virtual School Management (or topic of students’ choosing)
- December 22: Open Forum